I love the fall-winter season with its crisp, cold air and beautiful colours. Unfortunately, my skin does not love it quite as much. If you are living in a cold climate, it could be a good idea to change your skincare routine accordingly. Here are my best tips on how to keep your skin smooth and supple throughout the colder months.
1. Change your cleansing routine. If my skin feels tight and dry during the winter, I use my 3 in 1 cleansing oil to remove both impurities and makeup. It contains softening Meadow foam seed oil and Shea light oil that cleanses the skin without making the skin dry.
2. Use more cream. During the winter we are usually good at regularly using hand cream throughout the day to keep our hands soft. You simply have to do the same with your moisturiser and eye cream, and use more cream than usual to saturate the skin. If your skin is really dry you should look for products with a higher percentage of oil, like our sensitive series.
3. Serum actually works. A serum is a fantastic product that can boost your skin with more moisture. Emma S. has three different ones to choose from according to different skin types. Opt for the moisturising serum if you’re looking for moisture and hydration but a low percentage of oil. Choose ageless serum if you need lots of hydration, but also functional ingredients that increases lustre, prevents fine lines and fights the signs of ageing. If you have very dry skin, choose sensitive facial oil serum which is based on natural oils that both moisturises and nourishes skin skin.
4. Rehydrate throughout the day. A hydrating facial mist is a great way to freshen up your skin during dry winter days. A splash over your makeup every now and then helps your skin to feel rehydrated when you can’t apply a regular moisturiser. My moisturising facial mist with Cucumber and Apple extract is a must on my desk.
5. Don’t forget your lips. I have lip balms lying around literally everywhere. In my purse, coat pockets, night stand and I apply them every chance I get. At night, I make sure to apply an extra thick layer before I go to bed. More is more!
6. Eat more healthy fats. Fatty acids Omega 3 and Omega 6 are great for your whole body. Make sure to eat lots of oily fish, avocado and maybe add a daily intake of supplements to make sure you cover your daily dose. It’s pure gold for your skin.