Some pictures from this weekend when I was at Kronans Apotek Care & Beauty in Mall of Scandinavia. My friend Anneli who is a skin care therapist was also with me doing Emma S. “mini facials”. If you are in Stockholm I recommend visiting her beauty salon called “Annelies Skönhetskammare“!
Highlighter, illuminator or strobe – we find many names for those we love. A highlighter contains light reflective pigments that even out the skin tone and give the skin a radiant, healthy glow. You can also use them to highlight your cheekbones, brighten up your eyes or give the illusion of fuller lips. Apply your highlighter onto your cheekbones, the bridge of your nose, cupid’s bow, the corner of the eyes and just under the brows.
- Dior, Glow Miximizer – A primer that evens out your skin tone and gives your skin a nice glow. Apply all-over face before your foundation or powder.
- Benefit, Watt’s up cream to powder highlighter – Apply this creamy highlighter to the high points of your face. The stick is perfect to pop into your handbag and apply when needed.
- Bobbi Brown, Long-lasting eye shadow stick in “Vanilla”. A shimmering eye shadow that comes in a handy stick. Apply to the corner of your eyes, the middle of your eye lids and just under your brows. Gently blend into your skin with your fingertips for a discreet, glowing look.
- Dior, Rose Cream Smoothing pumping lip balm. A caring lip balm that gives your lips a full, healthy look.
- NARS, Illuminator in the color “Orgasm”. A classic! Mix a few drops into your tinted day cream for some extra glow, or just dab onto cheek bones and the bridge of your nose.
- Laura Mercier, Matte Radiance Baked Powder. Use a big brush and sweep the powder over your cheekbones, forehead and the bridge of your nose.
Sure you can. What you choose to eat can affect your skin both to the better and to the worse. The most important thing is of course to enjoy good food and eat a varied diet, but sometimes you may feel the need to boost your body with some extra antioxidants (especially this close to Christmas). Our favourite sources of antioxidants at the moment are: Beets (red, yellow or polka), Raspberries, Artichokes, Strawberries and Blueberries.
Emma at Kronans Apotek Care & Beauty.
Our space at Kronans Apotek Care & Beauty.
Last week was the grand opening of Mall of Scandinavia, which is now the largest mall in the Nordic region. We were there this weekend and met some of our fantastic costumers, always a pleasure meeting you! The mall is located just outside of Stockholm and you can find us at Kronans Apotek Care & Beauty, Kicks and Åhléns.
I love the fall-winter season with its crisp, cold air and beautiful colours. Unfortunately, my skin does not love it quite as much. If you are living in a cold climate, it could be a good idea to change your skincare routine accordingly. Here are my best tips on how to keep your skin smooth and supple throughout the colder months.
1. Change your cleansing routine. If my skin feels tight and dry during the winter, I use my 3 in 1 cleansing oil to remove both impurities and makeup. It contains softening Meadow foam seed oil and Shea light oil that cleanses the skin without making the skin dry.
2. Use more cream. During the winter we are usually good at regularly using hand cream throughout the day to keep our hands soft. You simply have to do the same with your moisturiser and eye cream, and use more cream than usual to saturate the skin. If your skin is really dry you should look for products with a higher percentage of oil, like our sensitive series.
3. Serum actually works. A serum is a fantastic product that can boost your skin with more moisture. Emma S. has three different ones to choose from according to different skin types. Opt for the moisturising serum if you’re looking for moisture and hydration but a low percentage of oil. Choose ageless serum if you need lots of hydration, but also functional ingredients that increases lustre, prevents fine lines and fights the signs of ageing. If you have very dry skin, choose sensitive facial oil serum which is based on natural oils that both moisturises and nourishes skin skin.
4. Rehydrate throughout the day. A hydrating facial mist is a great way to freshen up your skin during dry winter days. A splash over your makeup every now and then helps your skin to feel rehydrated when you can’t apply a regular moisturiser. My moisturising facial mist with Cucumber and Apple extract is a must on my desk.
5. Don’t forget your lips. I have lip balms lying around literally everywhere. In my purse, coat pockets, night stand and I apply them every chance I get. At night, I make sure to apply an extra thick layer before I go to bed. More is more!
6. Eat more healthy fats. Fatty acids Omega 3 and Omega 6 are great for your whole body. Make sure to eat lots of oily fish, avocado and maybe add a daily intake of supplements to make sure you cover your daily dose. It’s pure gold for your skin.
Thank you all ELLE-readers who came to the shopping event we hosted together with ELLE, Twilfit and Calvin Klein last week. We had a great time with you!
Welcome to our new blog! Here you’ll find lots of inspiration and are able to read about beauty, skincare and other things that we find inspiring right now.