Rana (30 years, chemist engineer) has been working with our product development for the past 3 years. She ensures that new ideas are brought to their final destination – your bathroom shelf. We asked her about beauty obsessions, ingredient trends and the best skincare tips when pregnant.
– I have always liked beauty in the form of makeup and hair care, but my interest in skincare grew when I discovered pharmaceutical skincare and grew even more when I was studying chemistry which gave me a completely different understanding of how it actually works.
At Emma S. I work with everything that has to do with product development together with Emma. The best part of my job is searching for new ingredients and always looking for opportunities to develop even better products. It is so much fun to really dive into the studies conducted on our products and see how an idea eventually turns into a finished product.
What kind of current ingredient trends do you see and what do you think will be the next big thing?
– Niacinamide (vitamin B3) has been seen in many products and I think it will continue to be popular in 2020. It is really effective and works for almost everyone. I also believe that the interest in vitamins in all its forms – vitamins A and C, encapsulated vitamins and vitamin F (fatty acids) will continue to trend.
What are the latest additions in your own skincare routine?
– Oils! Since I became pregnant, I have started applying a softening oil to my belly every day. If I’m going for a workout and need a smaller product in my bag, I usually bring Emma S. sensitive facial oil which works great to use on a pregnant belly.
What is your beauty obsession?
– Throughout the years I have probably spent the most time on my hair, but right now it is a little bit of everything. Before I became pregnant, I neglected my body a bit, but now I try to really incorporate body care in my daily routine and use a dry brush, body oil and a hydrating body lotion.
What do you always carry with you when you travel?
– Cotton pads, facial cleanser, treatment overnight repair mask and a day cream. I always also HAVE to bring a blow dryer or other heating tools since the ones at the hotel are usually can’t handle my curly hair.
What product can you not live without?
– Eyebrow pen! Preferably this one.
What is your best quick-fix product?
– I have several! A lipstick in a nice colour can save many grey days, if I don’t have dry shampoo I apply cocoa to the scalp (note: recommended for brunettes only) and if my mascara is almost out I place it in a glass of hot water to dissolve whatever has dried up.
What are your best skincare tips?
– To use a facial cleanser every evening and a face mask a few times a week. My best tip for the body would be a scrub glove. In the Middle East you use something called “Kese” – translates to “bag” which is a great product to help exfoliate your body.
Best party tip?
– The picture above is from my wedding, I am not usually that glammed up for a regular party, haha. But I think false lashes and a blow-dry are the best ways to transform a regular look into a party look.
What is your…
… Favourite Emma S. product: Emma S. treatment enzyme peel
… Favourite destination: Sardinia: beautiful beaches in Europe
… Best place in Stockholm: Djurgården in Stockholm, it is gorgeous during all seasons.
… Life motto: Everything has a solution.