Emma S. candle safety
SAFETY AND BURNING TIPS
We want you to experience the ultimate pleasure and enjoyment from our candles. We sell them with pride, knowing only the finest quality ingredients and materials are used. But in the end it all depends on you that you burn candles responsibly to ensure their safe use. Following guidelines ensures your candles a bright and beautiful part of your life.
- Remove all packaging before lighting.
- Place on a protected, heat-resistant, dry surface, away from anything that can catch fire, and out of reach of children and pets. Use holders designed for the particular candle style.
- Keep wick(s) trimmed to 1/8 inches at all times.
- If smoking occurs, blow candle out. Trim wick(s), remove trimmings, and relight.
- Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches, or any combustible material. Keep the wick centered.
- Avoid burning candles in drafts.
- Never leave burning candles unattended. Keep them within sight at all times.
- Keep all matches and lighters out of the reach of children.
- Teach everyone in the family the rules of safe candle use.
- Glass containers are fragile; so please handle them with care. Avoid glass-to-glass contact when removing or replacing the lid. Do not use if the jar is cracked, chipped or scratched. Do not refill with wax.
- Do not allow the flame to touch the side of the jar. The jar may become hot. Handle carefully.
- If smoking occurs, check for drafts or high traffic areas, which may cause flame to flicker and smoke. Also, be sure that the wick is no longer than 1/8″. If it is, extinguish, trim to 1/8″, and relight.
- To minimize wax left on the sides of the jar, burn 3 hours at a time; it is normal for some wax to be left. The amount will vary per color, fragrance and burning conditions.
- Prevent possible heat damage to the counter/surface by discontinuing use when 1/2″ of wax remains. Only burn in a suitable holder, or on a plate or other fire and heat resistant surface.
- Extinguish carefully before replacing the lid.